PRESS RELEASE: The Saami Snow jacket comes in blue, red or black and has been designed to keep you on the mountain for longer in comfort. With state of the art insulation, the jacket’s SaamiSkin uses a triple layer system to keep the weather out and warmth in.
3MTM ThinsulateTM Insulation in the jacket ensures it is waterproof and breathable. The unique fine fibres that make up ThinsulateTM insulation work by trapping air molecules between your body and the outside. The more air a material traps in a given space, the better it insulates you from the cold outside air. Because the fibres in ThinsulateTM insulation are finer than the fibres used in most other synthetic or natural insulation, they trap more air in less space, which naturally makes ThinsulateTM insulation a better insulator.
Designed By Ski Instructors With The Mountains In Mind
Saami Snow consists of a design and test team that are all ex or current ski instructors.
Founder and Director of Saami Snow – Gavin Samwell, said: “I became obsessive about the design of the jacket and realised some of the mistakes that existing jackets by other brands had made in their designs. It was fascinating – I focused on every aspect of the jacket design, down to the microscopic details. Apart from extensive research into the art of breathable insulation, I realised that pockets needed to be in certain places and at the correct size and all this research began to funnel down into the design of our own jacket.”
Every detail of the jacket has been designed around the needs of skiers and snowboarders.
High Spec & High Quality At A Competitive Price
The high specification technical features are more than capable of dealing with the harshest conditions in order to keep the wearer warm and dry. Saami Snow’s Men’s Ski Jackets have a relaxed fit that gives room for those additional winter layers and provides enough space to use the internal pockets for important items like gloves, goggles and hats.
RRP PRICE: £269.99 ON OFFER £99.99
Waterproof rating of 14,000mm
Breathability rating of 11,000gm/m2/24
The SaamiSkin Outer Shell and lining together with the ThinsulateTM Insulation provides a triple layer that will keep you warm and dry.
- All seams fully taped providing waterproofing
- Hood adjustable draw cords (rear and front) to provide the perfect fit
- Removable zipped hood with storm visor
- All main zips have pull tags to make them easier to use when wearing gloves
- Good quality soft fleece on neck and chin area keeping you warm and protecting the lower part of your face from extreme weather
- Over-sized under arm vents with mesh interior to enable quick cool down
- Adjustable cuff closures with 360 gaiter, which when worn with gloves provides complete protection from the cold
- Snow skirt with stretch rubber grip and jacket-to-ski pant clips
- Adjustable draw cord hem to ensure perfect fit
- Robust front main zip with Velcro storm flap
- Pockets – all pockets have oversized zipped entry to allow ease of use when you have cold hands
- Two waist high quality fleece lined pockets
- Large front left chest pocket with waterproof zip – big enough to fit a water bottle in
- Hidden media pocket (Phone/IPOD) with headphone feed accessible without unzipped jacket
- Hidden left arm wrist accessory pocket (useful for your ski pass or keys)
- Two large internal mesh stretch pockets for goggles, hats and gloves
To order the jacket go to the Saami Snow website: http://www.saamisnow.co.uk/
About Saami Snow
Sammi Snow was founded in 2011 by UK based businessman and ex ski instructor, Gavin Samwell (34). He had the idea of making his own ski jacket ‘from scratch’ whilst in a ski lodge in Canada – talking to several other ski instructors about how jackets could be improved. Investing his own money into the project he funded extensive research into design and eventually produced a new jacket which he marketed over the internet. It sold out and received endorsements and excellent reviews from customers. This spurred him on to release a new range of the jacket and now he plans to expand further into other ski outerwear, using the company website as a platform for the brand.