The Muslim Travel Warehouse will provide travel agencies with comprehensive search and booking capabilities on a full portfolio of Muslim friendly tour packages, excursions and activities.
It means the travel industry now has access to a single platform providing comprehensive packages specifically tailored for Muslim consumers to add to their current service offering.
According to the latest figures released in the MasterCard-CrescentRating Global Muslim Travel Index (GMTI) 2015, the halal tourism sector was worth $145 billion in 2014. This figure is predicted to grow to $200 billion by 2020. Family travel contributes 52% of the entire total of the halal tourism sector.
The UK came third on the list of non-OIC destinations in the GMTI 2015. The initial offering of Muslim Travel Warehouse will include tour packages to the UK.
CrescentRating, the world’s leading authority on Halal tourism who has developed the Muslim Travel Warehouse platform, said the new B2B service would initially offer tour packages to 16 destinations covering Europe, Asia and US. More destinations will be added over the next few months.
Fazal Bahardeen, CEO of CrescentRating, said: “The launch of the Muslim Travel Warehouse is a yet another significant milestone in the Halal tourism segment.
“There was a real need within the industry to offer a solution that enables travel agents around the world to be able to provide Muslim travellers, especially the family travellers, with itineraries that fits their needs and requirements.
“All products provided on the platform will be rated based on the level of Muslim friendly services included in the packages.”
Muslim Travel Warehouse will build a unique offering of packages, excursions and activities by working with destination management companies, tourism boards and ground operators from around the world.
It will provide a suite of support services for its partners which include live travel trade helpdesk via the live chat service, detailed Halal tourism information including fact sheets and digital brochures.
– CrescentRating is the world’s leading authority on halal-friendly travel.
– CrescentRating’s services now include rating & accreditation, research & consultancy, workshops & training, ranking & indices and content provisioning.
– Over 500 hotels and restaurants are currently using the “CrescentRated” service to date.
– Its annual “MasterCard-CrescentRating Global Muslim Travel Index (GMTI)” is an in-depth report which analyses the travel behaviour of Muslims around the world.
– For more information on CrescentRating please visit http://www.crescentrating.com